Friday, October 13, 2017

Day 13 - Write 31 Days



Today is Day 13 of the Write 31 Days writing challenge. My theme is: 31 Days of Healthy Choices.

I do not have diabetes but my husband does. We are both on cholesterol lowering medication  though as it is important to have lower cholesterol. I tried with diet and some exercise to lower it but I wasn’t successful enough.

The older I get, the greater concern I have for having a stroke , as this is what caused my mother and grandfather to die.

So, I want to adopt healthy practices that will keep my cholesterol low:
1.     Reduce stress – this is a big one, and I know there is stress due to my husband’s health. But I read and do some art and it helps.
2.   Eat a balanced meal: more vegetables, whole wheat breads, more fish and chicken, fruit – and less fat, sugar, salt.
3. Get active –a minimum of 3 – 30 minute blocks of exercise a week. Although we are trying 3 – 10 minute blocks a day.
4.   Lose weight. Trying – but it is definitely harder the older you are.


“Raise Your Hand for diabetes” is an initiative in Canada to raise awareness of diabetes. Check here for info on diabetes.

No comments:

Post a Comment